[filmscanners] Re: VueScan FIY (was: Polaroid's future)

I understand why Ed has gone to html pages for the 'manual'.
Speaking as a former 'Help' author, I know that's it's a
major task to keep a complete conventional Help file
maintained and updated, when changes are occurring all the
time. Obviously it's less important than the program itself,
when you're a one-man show, and you have to prioritise.

Nevertheless I really miss the proper Windows Help file that
we used to get with Vuescan, because you could readily
free-text search the whole lot, and use the full indexing
power of Windows Help. This is not easy to do in the current
html format so far as I can see.

My own solution is to have kept the Help file from Vuescan
7.2.2, on my 'Start Menu' next to 'Vuescan 7.5.5'. This
contains almost everything I need to refer to, and a bit of
intelligence enables me to guess the answer for current
versions.

Regards

Alan T