[filmscanners] RE: VueScan FIY (was: Polaroid's future)

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: VueScan FIY (was: Polaroid's future)
  • From: "Hemingway, David J" <HEMINGD@polaroid.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 15:40:57 -0500

In my years supporting scanners I have learned customers are VERY
opinionated and loyal to their favorite scanning software. Whether that
software is Vuescan, PolaColor Insight, Silverfast or others. For every
person that says x software package is garbage there is one that says it is
a favorite.  A customer that finds a package that "works for him" will stick
with that and not want to take the time or effort to learn another
application because some perceive it to be the "best thing since sliced
bread".
I long ago learned to avoid rant or rate one over the other. When customers
ask I tell them what I perceive to be each application's strong points or
features. I never will say  application is junk etc.  because one mans junk
is another's treasure.
On Vuescan in particular it is a virtual bargain at the price and it sure
does have a lot of dedicated fans.
David