[filmscanners] RE: Dust on CCD? Artixscan 4000T/SS4000

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Dust on CCD? Artixscan 4000T/SS4000
  • From: "Hemingway, David J" <HEMINGD@polaroid.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:02:39 -0500

Unless there is an inordinate amount of dust it will not effect the scan as
it is not on the focal plane. Also as I remember the CCD is facing down to
avoid dust settling.
For color you need to get your monitor into the equation as that is most
likely where you will be making your first decision if the color is correct.

I might suggest to take a look at Ian Lyons site for some great information
on all those subjects.
www.computer-darkroom.com
David