[filmscanners] RE: cdrw drives

>> There is a good review of the quite cheap 24W speed Liteon
>> unit at http://www.storagereview.com/ . It also mentions
>> that Dell uses them - so I don't think they will be too unreliable.

I've just picked up a Lacie external firewire CDRW drive to go with my
laptop (I'm generating scans at such a fast rate my hdd and old burner
weren't up to the task!). It's a 40x16x10 drive, and cost 139GBP
sterling. Very impressed so far - 3-4 minutes for a full CD-copy, and
(of course) burnproof, so it's possible to keep scanning whilst burning!
:-D The internal drive is a LiteOn, I believe.

Mark