[filmscanners] Re: cdrw drives

cjcronin@erols.com wrote:

> At 10:29 PM 3/1/2002 , Austin Franklin wrote:
>
>>Take it back and...do what?
>>

> Keep it and give me my money back. I know that's not going to happen. They
>will just replace it with a refurbished one. Of course I can try and sell it
>off and then switch brands.

Again, what's the point?  As many have mentioned, they ARE the reliable
company... you just were one of the statistical abnormalities.  Of
course, if your computer power supply is messed up, or you have very bad
AC, or if you dropped it (or someone did before you got it) or if you
installed it and gave it a jolt of static electricity, or....

Also, used (or refurb for that matter) CDRW drives sell for peanuts, so
your investment will be pretty much gone anyway.

What I'm saying is, it is hard to know why it failed.  Some companies
are known for making stuff that has high failure rates.  Plextor is not
one of them.  Your odds of getting a second bad one from them is
probably quite low.  Your odds of getting a bad one from another company
might actually be higher.

Which model is it?

Art