[filmscanners] Re: Firewire and Windows98

I have the 2450 connected to a Mac G4 Cube/500 with 1.5GByte RAM,
running Mac OS X 10.1.3 and VueScan 7.5.4. Scanning a 6x4.5 color
negative at 48bit RGB when connected with FireWire at full frame, full
resolution takes about 6 minutes, with USB1 about 7. I haven't done
precise timings; I tested just to see what the gain was and I found it
to be 10-15% throughput improvement.

That's a much smaller differential than between the interfaces listed
below.
I would suspect some major differences in the quality of the interface
drivers for their test, not the scanner itself.

Godfrey