[filmscanners] Re: OT: Choosing a high End CRT

The one fundamental thing on choosing a monitor is to buy the demo <g> ( or
at least have the seller hook up the one he is proposing to sell you, so
you can see the images for yourself). They DO vary from sample to sample.
You want to check a sharp image, and also a screenful of text, at a small
font size. If the text is sharp, everything is likely to be. If the colors
are smooth and pleasing, and the text is sharp, all is usually well, as far
as sample variations are concerned. Just my experience.
Hersch