[filmscanners] Re: OT: Choosing a high End CRT

>> I’m looking to a high end 21-24” CRT. Any suggestions?

I took a closer look at the latest Eizo 21” CRTs Eizo F980 and
Eizo F956, the 21” Sony F520 and their 24” model FW900.
Any comments on these models? Any other models and brands
I should consider?

The problem is, I need a very high resolution for CAD
(>1600x1200) and excellent colour accuracy for DTP and
digital imaging work.

I’m looking forward to read your comments. <<

It's sounds like you're on the right track. You may want to add the
Mitsubishi 2060 to the mix of choices.

Having completed a round of monitor comparisons lately, I found that even
within the same make and model, there are monitor to monitor variations that
can be more significant than the differences between one brand and the next.

I prefer a Trinitron-type (aperture grill) tube for colour imaging and
video, but find that shadow mask tubes are generally sharper for hi-res CAD.
Aperture grill tubes often show thin lines as looking thicker in the
vertical dimension than in the horizontal dimension. This may be a problem
for some users.

The biggest issue for me was that the newer flatscreen CRT's I tried were
not as sharp in the edges as some of the curved screen models. In the end, I
went with a digital LCD. Perfectly sharp from edge to edge, and with a
custom profile, the colours are just fine for my needs.