[filmscanners] Re: Colormatching with Canon S820/S900

John Pendley wrote:

> Hello Thomas,
>
> I am, in the parlance of the day, technically challenged.  What do you
> think the chances are that I could master Vuescan?
>
> Best,
> John

The program has become more "user friendly" in terms of interface over
time.  Some have complained that it has been slowed down a bit as a result.

Anyway, it costs you nothing to try it, other than a few minutes of
download time, and an installation that takes a few seconds.

The program in its complete version is available through Ed's website
free to download.  The demo version does everything the paid-for version
does.  The only difference is that the final image has a cross hatch
(looks like a chain link fence) over the image making it unusable, but
you can see exactly what the scan looks like.  All the features are
functional.  If you have the time, it is certainly worth checking out.

It sees the scanners available on your system and it runs stand alone,
so it is easy to try or remove later if you don't like it.

Art