[filmscanners] Re: OT - Informed opinion debate/cle

Anthony. Anthony. Wherefore art thou Anthony A .... :-)

At 10:42 25/02/02 +1100, you wrote:
>Siiiggghhh   :-(
>
>Maybe I'm just having a bad day...
>
>> Out of curiosity, do you have a web site
>
>What does having a web site have to do with quality of opinions?
>
>> Sorry for this sounding like a personal attack.
>
>Why be sorry?  It is one.  And I for one am very sick of this stuff.
>
>We are all grown-ups here (?), and surely we can make our *own* judgements
on what we hear.  Anyone who takes *one* person's opinion (be it your's,
Art's, Moreno's, mine or whatever) as gospel surely deserves what they get
:-).

>The whole idea of a mailing list is to share experiences and opinions.  It
is the role of the reader to then decide what is wheat and chaff.  If
someone is sprouting 'untruths', then by all means just post the 'truth'
and let the list decide for itself. If you attack or question the
credentials of the poster, what sort of response can you expect, except an
angry or hurt retort?

>And how exactly does that benefit the list?
>
>If we are interested in what someone has posted on the web, we can always
go looking for ourselves.  If we wish to know how informed a person is, we
can do the same, or browse through back issues of the list.

>And having done a bit of browsing myself..  Hmmm.
>
>I'm sure the list can judge who does the most 'sniping' for themselves also.
>
>As for me, well, my website will fail professional scrutiny quite
miserably.  So I'll now take some time off the list - my opinions will not
be acceptable either.