[filmscanners] Re: XP and Spyder

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: XP and Spyder
  • From: "" <HMSDOC@aol.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:43:47 EST

Thought I might share with the list the advice I just received from support
at ColorVision.  I had written to them about the XP drivers.  Sounds like
they are uncertain about February.

Anyway, here is the response:

Hello Howard,

At this time Optical and Photocal  are not tested on XP nor are they
supported on XP.  We are looking at an upgrade shortly but cannot
provide you with an estimated time.  Some Customers have been able to
get through the installation of the Spyder hardware with no hitches.
Simply ignoring the digital signature will not hurt your system in any
way. If the Spyder is not loading the profile at startup then simply
check your Windows Display color management and verify the profile is
set as the default profile.  If not then click the add button and add it
in.  If it is there and does not load then click the ColorVision icon in
your startup folder.  Also, make sure you have removed Adobe Gamma
Loader.exe from your startup group on your start menu. Please keep
checking our web site for further upgrades at
http://www.colorcal.com

Also you might want to check your USB manufacturer's web site and see if
there is a driver update for Windows XP.
--

Howard
 HMSDOC@aol.com