[filmscanners] Re: Epson 2450 and MF...Mac problems

> I have a PowerMac G4 Cube/500 that I do all my photographic work with.
>
> I installed the Epson 2450 running Mac OS 9.2.2 and tested it with the
> provided software, but don't normally use it that way.
>
> I run Mac OS X (v10.1.2) full time and drive it with VueScan v7.4.2, I've
> tested using the 2450 using both USB and FireWire connections, both work
> perfectly. VueScan 7.5 loads it too, allows you to configure the scan, but
> exits when you press the Preview or Scan button. Ed's been on vacation so
> he hasn't looked into this yet.
>
> Be sure your friend has VueScan 7.4.2. I believe I first ran it with one
> of the last of the VueScan 7.3.x versions.
>
> Godfrey

Many thanks for responding Godfrey.

I think I'll try connecting the 2450 to my G4, this has Vuescan installed
and working with a Canon FS2710. At least then I'll know if the problem lies
with my friends iMac or not.

At first I presumed the Epson installer installed something that now blocks
Vuescan from seeing the scanner, like a driver or USB/Firewire
extension...but after reading your mail I see you installed the Epsom stuff
and encountered no problems...did you do an easy or custom install? I found
the easy install copied an assortment of packages to disc when all I really
wanted was the driver and plug-in for PS.

I have 10.1.2 installed on another G4 so I can try this too.

Thanks again.

--

Regards

Richard