[filmscanners] RE: Ice cubed

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Ice cubed
  • From: "Jack Phipps" <JPhipps@asf.com>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 23:44:51 -0600

They will be announced tomorrow at Sebold in NYC. The links should be active
by 8:00 CST (USA) at www.asf.com. I've been away from the office and I am
preparing for PMA next week. Sorry for the lack of updates. The Digital ROC
plug in is somewhat different from the Digital ROC that comes with scanners
from Nikon and Minolta. Digital ROC for these scanners is designed
specifically for the characteristics of each scanner. The Digital ROC plug
in works with any digital image, whether it is scanned from film, scanned
from a print or from a digital camera. The results are quite similar though.
The colors are balanced, and when a faded image is processed with the
Digital ROC plug in, it recovers the colors lost over the years.

Digital SHO is another amazing tool for working with images. It will gleam
the detail out of the shadows AND the highlights simultaneously! You have to
see it to believe it. When you have a little boy sitting under a tree, with
a white house in the background you usually have to sacrifice either the
highlight detail or the shadow detail. But when you use Digital SHO, you can
see the highlight detail and the shadow detail.

I'll try to provide a link to some examples and more information this week.

Jack Phipps
Applied Science Fiction