[filmscanners] RE: Minolta Dimage Elite II - another faulty unit

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Minolta Dimage Elite II - another faulty unit
  • From: "Dominik Kacprzak" <dominik@arsdigita.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:35:03 -0800

Hi Ralf,

I didn't even get this far.  My scanner consistently produces a light,
vertical line across the entire slide.  First, I thought that my slide was
scratched, but after rotating a slide, it became apparent that the line is
introduced by the scanner.  It happens with or without ICE turned on.  Also,
I tested ROC and GEM features, they introduced a lot of artifacts on slides,
I haven't found them useful at all.

It's a bummer, because I liked the other features of this scanner, native
16bit scanning, dynamic range, slide loading...  Tomorrow the scanner is
going back to BhPhoto and I'm going to buy either a Nikon Coolscan IV or
CanoScan FS-2720, or stick with my old Elite.

- Dominik