[filmscanners] Foveon patent details

Now that I've started reading the patent details, it is obvious those drawings
don't exactly paint the full picture :-).

I didn't notice this before (did they just change the site?) but there is a
link to the patent from that site
(http://www.dpreview.com/news/0202/02021102foveonx3tech.asp)
and it makes *very* interesting reading - they use the depth of the 'wells' to
create a filter based on the absorption characteristics of doped silicon to the
diff wavelengths. (phew!)

There is a further link to supporting drawings but it's not working for me.

Anywa, we'll wait and see, but this is certainly pushing the technology in the
right direction.