[filmscanners] Re: VS list? (was ADMIN: List charter alterations

On Sat, 09 Feb 2002 10:12:15 -0800  ThomasH (herthh@attbi.com) wrote:

> Anyway, I think that the enormous interest in Vuescan and the amount
> of traffic justifies a separate newsgroup or a maillist for support
> of this product.

Hm. Perhaps. Although it can be argued that it is the amount of interest on
list which leads to the amount of traffic about VS. One might argue for
separate lists for Nikon, Polaroid, Minolta etc for the same reason. You
just end up with fragmentation which puts everyone into tiny closed rooms
and a reduced pool of people who have knowledge to contribute. So it ends
up being counterproductive : you have less to wade through, but also
reduced chances of finding out what you need to know.

On balance I'd prefer to leave things alone and encourage people to filter
or delete what they don't want. And I'd encourage bug reporting direct to
Ed unless they really need discussion here.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info
& comparisons