[filmscanners] Re: VueScan 7.5 beta 13 Available

> If anyone has any show-stopper
> bugs they need me to fix before I do this, speak now or
> forever hold your peace

1)
When I change the Brightness after doing a preview there is no problem.
But when changing Brightness after a Scan while showing the Scan Tab window,
VueScan crashes with:
"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down."

2)
If I choose a Fixed dpi Image size (like 300 dpi) and a TIFF size reduction
greater than 1, the resulting TIFF file has a dpi setting divided by the
size reduction (with a size reduction of two the resulting TIFF file image
gets a dpi setting of 150).
This is not what I call "Fixed" ;-)

3)
I experience  that the Grain reduction filter reduces the grain in Raw scan
files.
I prefer "uncooked" Raw scan files. Scanning first with no grain reduction
provides the raw file wich I wish. Saving again with the save button and
some grain reduction in action delivers a second raw scan file. There is a
risk I get confused and archive the wrong (half cooked) file. This way I
have to do also some extra steps in the scanning process if I want to use
the grain reduction filter and archiving an "uncooked" file. What is the
reason anyway to save a raw scan file with the grain reduction filter aplied
to it?

VueScan 7.5.b11 for Windows
Windows98SE
1024Mbyte (with the 512Mbyte Cache patch)
Pentium III Tualatin 1200 Mhz
MSI 694T Pro motherboard
ScanWit 2720S

With kind regards,

Henk de Jong
The Netherlands

Burma - Photo Gallery
http://burma.wolweb.nl

Nepal - Trekking Around Annapurna - Photo Gallery
http://annapurna.wolweb.nl