[filmscanners] Re: Slightly OT: Hard Drive Speed

SCSI seems to have had problems catching on in Canada, so I suspect that
keeps prices up.  Cable prices here (when you can even find them) are
ridiculous.  I suspect they are much cheaper in the US.

The only other comment I'll make is that although prices on drives might
have now equalized with other interfaces, the interface cards can still
add a fair price to the cost relative to either built in EIDE ATA or
even add on cards.

How much faster is the best SCSI (Ultra wide?) than current ATA 100 7200
rpm technology?  Is it worth the extra hassle of SCSI?

Art