[filmscanners] Re: Reala (was "Epson Photo 2450")

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Reala (was "Epson Photo 2450")
  • From: "Joel Wilcox" <jdubikins@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:31:25 -0600

I also like Reala the best, but I also tend to like the 100 ASA films in any
series best.

Reala, however, I find a bugger to scan with Silverfast.  The canned profile
looks OK on some scans but poor on others.  I've actually created several
versions of the profile using Negafix to correct a tendency on one exposure
to go too magenta and another too cyan.

By way of contrast, Royal Gold 100 is about perfect with the canned profile.
  I like both films, but given my current workflow, I'm now using RG 100
when I want color negative.

Joel W.