[filmscanners] Scanning chromogenic

Hi folks -

I had never tried any of the C-41 films before, and just shot a roll
of XP-2.  At the processing place I had them print it on color paper,
and the prints have that sepia tone that I associate with the type.
However, nothing I do in Vuescan results in anything but a straight
greyscal image, leading me to believe that there's something I don't
understand about this film (no surprise).  So where does the sepia
toning come from?  Is it possible to obtain a scan that has it?  I
thought it was in the negative, but perhaps it's exclusively in the
chemical interaction with paper?

Thanks as always
Ken Durling

Photo.net portfolio: