[filmscanners] Re: VueScan 7.5 beta 1 crashes

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 18:46:00 EST, "" <EdHamrick@aol.com> wrote:

>In a message dated 1/23/2002 3:31:03 PM EST, paul@chefurka.com writes:
>
>> The beta release crashes on my system following the scan.  It finishes the
>>  colour correction, then goes to output the file, whereupon it goes south.
>>
>>  LS-4000, XP Pro, 768MB RAM, no other apps running at the time.
>
>Double-check that you have rotation set to None.
>
>Could you also check to see if it works with VueScan 7.5 beta 2?
>You can download it from:
>
>  http://www.hamrick.com/vsm.html
>
>Regards,
>Ed Hamrick

Here's what I found with beta 2:

I scanned with no rotation.  It worked fine - scanned, wrote to disk, PS
came up with the image.

Then after verifying in PS that the crop file was OK, I went back to VS
(still in the same session with the scan and previews still visible) and
changed the rotation to Right.  The program hung, but didn't crash.

I closed VS, then reopened it and redid the identical scan with no
rotation.  When PS came up with the image I closed it (to see if it might
be a physical memory exhaustion problem) and went back to VS.  I changed
the rotation to Left, and it worked properly.  I changed it to Right and it
hung like before.

I then closed the program, restarted it and did a scan with rotation set to
Right.  It crashed before it asked about overwriting the .tif file, just as
before (I use a single name for my raw scan file, and overwrite it with
each new scan)..

I also tried repeatedly changing the rotation after a preview but before
scanning.  No problems with that.  It seems to only happen with a scan in
memory.

Paul