[filmscanners] Re: Adobe Gamma

----- Original Message -----
From: "michael shaffer" <michael@shaffer.net>
To: <box2@mfelsch.de>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 2:24 PM
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Adobe GammA

>  There was a time when I believed "screen savers" were just about the
>buggiest softwares out there ... often interfering with video drivers.  I
>can't say that anymore ... I've been using 'blank screen' and the monitor's
>standby power mode for the last 5-6 years.  If your screen saver is 3rd
>party software, I'd at least try something else.

I don't use any screensavers at all, nor do I make use
of the standby mode since two years.
I was refering to the original author's situation (Colin Maddock),
who has to restart adobe gamma to make his monitor return to
the calibrations.....after having had his system running for
some time.
I observed the same phenomena as he did when I used to
put the machine in "standby mode" in former times.

Nowadays I'm too busy to even think of that ;-)

Matthias Felsch