[filmscanners] Re: Little CMS - free profiling s/w

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen" <slb1@humboldt1.com>
To: <goerf@pi.be>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 8:20 AM
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Little CMS - free profiling s/w

> Being new to profiling, I take it that this "littlecms" that is free
> requires another program to operate it?  If so, is there a free Q60 (?)
> program available or does one need some other package?

No, it does not require any other program. It is a stand-alone ( 3 exes )
profiling application.
It does require you to have a Q60 target slide for filmscanner calibration
or a printed one for flatbed scanners. The generated filmscanner profile
will be of course only optimal for the type of slide film the Q60 target is
made of.
The application has references files for all common targets  Agfa, Kodak,
Fuji, Wolf. I also managed to make it work with a Monaco target and
reference file.