[filmscanners] Re: VueScan Crashing System

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: VueScan Crashing System
  • From: "" <HMSDOC@aol.com>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 14:17:56 EST

In a message dated 1/20/2002 1:12:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
EdHamrick@aol.com writes:

<< > My copy of VueScan is no longer functional, as it will not open.  I am
 >  running it on Windows ME.  I have been updating with new versions as they
 >  have been released.  I have not had as much time to scan lately as I
would
 >  like, so I can not guarantee that each update has been working totally
 >  normally, but I can say that I have never had a problem installing and
 then
 >  opening each update.  The last one I had downloaded was 7.4.0 or
 7.4.1….I
 >  can't remember which.
 >
 >  I just downloaded version 7.4.2 for Windows.  The installation went
 normally

 >  until the little gray box came up saying that  F1 can be pressed for help
 >  anytime.  I clicked on the OK button and the VueScan  'splash screen'
with
 >  the picture of a scanner came up….but then it just stayed
 >there
while I
 > could
 >  intermittently hear the hard drive whirring.  Ultimately, by closing the
 >  folder that I downloaded to, the splash screen went gray.  I had to shut
 > down
 >  the system with alt-ctl-del.  I restarted and clicked on my VueScan
 shortcut

 >  and the system again came to a grinding halt on the splash screen.  If I
 >  tried clicking again on the shortcut I was told the file was already
being
 >  used.  I rebooted using alt-ctl-del and reinstalled an earlier version of
 >  VueScan that I had saved.  Again, the same thing happens at the opening
 >  splash screen.  Alt-ctl-del always brings up the program not responding
 box
 >  and I have to reboot.  Again, although I have not used all the prior
 >  downloads I have successfully opened them all.

 Could you send your e-mail again about mid-week next week?  I
 should have 7.5 out by then, and it's a big change from 7.4.x.

 I'm completely under water with hundreds of e-mails in a
 backlog, so it would be useful if you could do some testing with
 7.5 next week and then re-send your e-mail at that time.

 Thanks,
 Ed Hamrick

Thanks for the response Ed.

I tryed deleting my VueScan folder and then redownloading 7.4.2.  The
re-installation worked and VueScan now opens.

Howard
HMSDOC@aol.com