[filmscanners] VS7.4: IR clean affected by GR

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] VS7.4: IR clean affected by GR
  • From: "michael shaffer" <michael@shaffer.net>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 14:47:28 -0330

  This afternoon is the first chance I've had to sit down seriously with the
most recent version of Vuescan (7.4.2) and it all looks good ... but I do
have a couple of observations:

(1)  isn't the 'size reduction' found with the "filters" tab redundant with
respect to the same function found on the "files" tab???  Or, are these
supposed to work in concert somehow??

(2)  The "device" tab takes extremely long to reset if I change from
"device=scanner" to "device=disk" ... it sometimes takes a minute to update
itself, and offer the full funtionality of the parameter fields.

(3)  "IR cleaning" and "grain removal" are working well by themselves ...
BUT ... enabling GR seems to make IR less effective.  I'm hoping Ed can
tweak this a bit so that GR has no effect on IR cleaning.

cheerios ... shAf  :o)
Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland