[filmscanners] Re: Vuescan 7.4: IR cleans raw scan ...

I asked Ed for an option to write raw file including IR channel.  He hasn't
responded yet, not surprising with all his recent release activity (not as
urgent as some of the just-announced fixes in 7.4.2).  For now I'm scanning and
producing raw files with 7.3.13 then processing them with 7.4.x.

In addition to the 'departure from Ed's philosophy for always making "raw"
scans available to future releases' that you mention, I would think Ed would
want a way for his users to be able to capture and send him small raw files as
a diagnostic when someone has an IR clean problem (with a future new scanner),
as well as being able to redo older files with sure-to-happen Vuescan IR
cleaning enhancements.

Bob Shomler
www.shomler.com