[filmscanners] Re: LS 4000 Green Cast

For those who would be happy to jump down my throat otherwise, first the
disclaimer:  I have never owned or operated a Nikon film scanner.

  From Martin's description, I am guessing one of a few things might be
occurring.

1: software installation got corrupted

2: there is a hardware problem with the scanner (or firmware)

3: You are indicating to the scanner you have mounted negs
(although that would produce a inverted (negative) image)

A very strong greenish blue cast would occur if the scanner was
attempting to correct for the orange dye mask that negative films have.
   Since this dye mask is not there in slides, this greenish blue color
cast would be added to the image, making it quite inaccurate in that
direction.

I would try reinstalling the software first.  Then, with the scanner
off, I would fully unplugging the scanner at both the AC and interface
cable to the computer and then restoring the connections, and turn the
scanner on.

If none of this helps, try scanner a strip of transparencies (unmounted,
and see if that makes any difference (even the beginning of the roll
might do).

Art

Bill Fernandez wrote:

 > Very odd.  I've been scanning Kodachromes, Ektachromes and Kodacolor
 > negs with no such color problems.
 >
 > --Bill
 >

 > At 8:20 PM -0500 9-1-02, Martin Greene wrote:
 >
 >>I want to add to the message below, the fact that the green cast only
occurs
 >>on slides.  scans of negatives are fine.
 >>
 >>I recently purchased a Nikon Supercoolscan 4000.  I am using Nikon
Scan 3.1

http://billfernandez.com