[filmscanners] Re: Video card for imaging

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Video card for imaging
  • From: "Julian Vrieslander" <julianv@mindspring.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:58:47 -0500

On 1/15/02 7:46 PM, Steve Greenbank <steve@gccl.fsbusiness.co.uk>, wrote:

>I have yet to be convinced that a LCD can match a decent CRT for  image
>processing work (or fast moving games).
>
>The imaging expert at Tom's Hardware agrees:
>                   "Graphic artists shouldn't even consider picking up one
>of these gadgets"
>
>Full review:
>       http://www4.tomshardware.com/display/02q1/020114/index.html
>
>Conclusion CRT v LCD here for those who can't be bothered to read the rest:
>        http://www4.tomshardware.com/display/02q1/020114/lcd-26.html

I did not read the entire article, but my skimming did not catch any
mention of the Apple LCD monitors.  Their current models (22" Cinema
Display and 17" Studio Display) are being used by quite a few graphics
pros.

We have the Studio Display in our office, and on the desk next to it is a
highend Sony 21" CRT (GDM-F520).  Both have been calibrated and profiled
with the new LCD/CRT version of ColorVision's Monitor Spyder.  The Apple
display is brighter and has a greater dynamic range than the Sony.  Color
balance varies slightly with viewing angle, but not nearly as much as
earlier generation LCDs.  Both are excellent displays.

--
Julian Vrieslander <mailto:julianv@mindspring.com>