[filmscanners] Re: SprintScan 4000

Try Microtek..their 4000T uses the SAME holders..
Eddie wiseman
----- Original Message -----
From: <pflorer@pmflorer.com>
To: <nyebos@mediaone.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2002 11:29 AM
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: SprintScan 4000

Greetings!

I am in the same boat that you are.  One of the arms on my SS4000 slide
holder is cracked and not amenable to repair with super glue.  As you have
found, none of the major retail sources seem to have replacements in stock.

I have communicated with several people, including David Hemingway, who
frequents this list, and Polaroid Customer Service about slide and negative
holders for the SS4000.

Here's what I know at this point:

1) SS4000 Slide holders were out of stock at Polaroid as of last Tuesday.
Negative holders were in stock.
2) The SS4000 Plus uses the same slide and negative holders as the SS4000,
so, at some point, slide holders should be available.
3) There seems to be a certain amount of confusion at Polaroid regarding
these items.  When I ordered my additional negative holder, I provided the
correct Polaroid PID for the SS4000 and had that confirmed back to me.  When
my invoice arrived, someone had changed the order to negative holders for
the SS35.  It took about 45 minutes on the phone with Polaroid before I
found someone who could even look up the valid PID (product ID?) in the
Polaroid databases.  Apparently the Customer Service, Order Processing, and
Tech Support databases don't talk to each other and are not synchronized.  I
think that I finally got things straight, but won't know for sure until my
new order arrives.

The SS4000 is a very nice piece of gear - I think that you will like it very
much.  If you don't know about Vuescan (hamrick.com), check it out.  I am in
the process of digitizing of several thousand family slides that go back to
the 1940's, and Vuescan has simplified the process greatly!

Regards,

Patrick Florer