[filmscanners] LS4000 Green Cast

I recently purchased a Nikon Supercoolscan 4000.  I am using Nikon Scan 3.1
on a mac with OS 9.1.  All of my pre-scans and scans have an extreme green
cast, to the point that all other colors are obliterated.  I had the scame
scanner 6 months ago and did not experience this problem.  I tried getting
help from Nikon.  After many hours, turning off color controls and various
settings, the tech support person told me I'd have to go for help with "the
big boys upstairs."  That meant, calling and waiting for another tech
support "lower level" person to send me on "upstairs,"  which I was then
told by a voice recording that it was a two hour wait.  I gave up.  I'd
appreciate if someone could assist me in less time.

Martin