[filmscanners] Re: Silverfast vs. Vuescan

Ed,

>> Do you have any suggestions for improving VueScan?  I'm always
>> interested in people's suggestions, especially from people who have
>> tried it and don't like it.

None that I would care to share or advise you of on this list. My earlier
message was not intended to be critical of Vuescan but to point out that not
everyone has such a positive view of Vuescan or jaundiced of SilverFast. I
think when you read Owens follow up message you will appreciate my point.

It's with great sadness that your product has been deliberately used by a
fellow list member to trash a competing product and slur me personally.

I'll contact you privately and advise you of those areas of Vuescan that I
believe need fixing. So far as other users are concerned my issues with
Vuescan and any (if any) subsequent fix will have NO detrimental effect on
your images.

Ian Lyons

http://www.computer-darkroom.com