[filmscanners] Re: Silverfast vs. Vuescan

>  Bottom
>  line here is: we all have our opinions and the perfect scanner software
>  hasn't been written yet.

I agree completely.  SilverFast is a nice product, and the engineers
at LaserSoft are quite good.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

But they're not on this list every day helping end users find good quick
solutions like you.  That, and the ease of purchase and use of Vuescan say
volumes.  You're a classy guy Ed.

I hear Silverfast is capable of accurate results, but I've been too
discouraged by it's complexity and lack of hi-bit output to pursue it to the
point of finding out for myself.  Vuescan's accuracy is what I value most
about it, next would have to be ease of use.

Dave