[filmscanners] Need help using Vuescan with Polaroid SS35+

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Need help using Vuescan with Polaroid SS35+
  • From: "" <stan.holmes@convergys.com>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 12:16:37 -0500

I have been attempting to use the trial version of Vuescan on an SS35+ I
just got.

I am Win2k
Adaptec 2906 SCSI
Vuescan 7.3.10

I take the default config file settings.  When I hit the preview or scan
buttons on the gui, my slide or negative is lowered in scanning position
and then raised.  For the next approximately 3 minutes my system will not
respond.  Then the application returns control with nothing in the buffer.
It never attempts to start my external viewer.  I tried a copy of Vuescan
from a 7.2 vintage and got slightly different results.  The system did not
lock up.  The scan buffer had data but appeared to be a scan of the inside
of my scanner after the negative had been moved back out of scan position.

Is this a silly user setup issue I have not found?  Any help will be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Stan

--

NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or