[filmscanners] Re: Agfa woes

> It seems Polaroid is not the only manufacturer struggling with the
> unpleasant realities of C21st photographic industry :(
>
> A source within Agfa

But what will be left when the struggle is over? I don't feel photography is
in good hands when companies like Sony, Adobe, Casio, Epson, Microsoft and
whatever will dominate the market. They lack the true feel for photography.

>“This
> decision is part of a regional strategy to create a renewed  focus on Agfa’s
> core competencies in the areas of photography, graphic arts prepress, and
> medical and technical imaging,” said Heikki Koskimies, President and CEO,
> Agfa  Corporation."

I doubt nowadays you can credibly renew your focus on photography by
detaching yourself from the digital market. But I wish them good luck.

Johnny