[filmscanners] ADMIN: Please read!

A number of points arising, since the list transferred server.

1. REJECTED POSTS
 - Please note you can ONLY send from your subscribed address. Any address
   the listserver doesn't know about belongs to a non-subscriber.
 - You cannot send mails containing HTML, MS Mime.dat rubbish or
   attachments. They must be plain text only.
 - If you subscribe to the digest you can now post to the list. The address
   to send to is filmscanners@halftone.co.uk *not* filmscanners_digest. I
   have amended the 'reply to' field of digest headers so this is clearer.

2. KICKED OFF
 - It being Xmas a lot of people haven't cleared their POP mailboxes, and I
   have had to remove them because their mail has been bounced by their
   ISP.
 - Autoresponders. Please *don't* set up autoresponders which are going to
   reply to every list mail that you are on holiday.
 - Bouncing addresses or autoresponders mean I get the entire list volume
   in my mailbox for *each* of the addresses involved. If you get removed
   it is not out of spite but necessity. You are welcome to resubscribe
   once you have resolved the delivery problem.

3. CANNOT UNSUBSCRIBE
 - Inevitably people are still sending to the old Majordomo address, which
   was left active until yesterday by my ISP. I have been removing those
   people manually, but if you have problems please mail me.
 - The sig line at the bottom of each list mail didn't make it clear that
  the subject line needs to specify unsubscribe filmscanners or
   unsubscribe filmscanners_digest, depending which you subscribe to.
   Sorry. This is now fixed.

4. INTERMITTENT SERVICE
 - My apologies for this, but the ADSL router has been crashing between 5
   and 40 times a day. I finally managed to locate and install a firmware
   update yesterday, which appears to have fixed things. Thank ****!

5. HAPPY NEW YEAR
   :-)

Regards