[filmscanners] Re: Interesting result of RGB separation (was: Warning and hugedisappointment...)

Hi Ralf,

Your scanner is suffering from the same problem I have encountered now
with two Minolta Dimage Dual II, and I will shortly be seeking out #3
from Minolta Canada.

It is either dirt on one or more of the R G or B CCD stripes, or more
likely a bad sensors or more than one on the CCD itself.  It is unlikely
   to be the calibration strip since that would probably cause the defect
to show up in all three colors in the same place.

It could be calibration defects in the firmware causing some CCDs not to
respond properly, but more likely lazy CCD sensors.

I'll discuss this with you more in private mail, but I wanted to reply
publicly for anyone following this thread.

Since Ed Hamrick has mentioned that both the Elite and Dual II are made
by Avision, and have the same basic commands, it seems they are probably
very similar models, and I am beginning to think in spite of this
scanner being relatively good when the units are not defective, that the
rate of defects is so high that it cannot easily be recommended.

Art