[filmscanners] Re: OTish : thumbnail CD cover creators?

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001 09:48:07 -0600, you wrote:

>Compupic from Photodex (
>http://www.photodex.com/products/compupic/index.html ) can do what you'd
>like with it's index function - but only for 8bit/color TIFF's (and
>other formats). It's a GREAT program, but it can't handle 16bit TIFF
>files. The Photodex folks have yet to be convinced that people who do
>serious scanning NEED this capability. I usually resort to using
>ThumbsPlus when I have to handle (often!) the greater bit depth files.
>
>The Compupic index function allows you to set number of images per index
>page (multi page indexes!), index resolution (I use 800x800 for CD
>indexes) and offers numerous image and page header/footer options. It
>will even apply a drop shadow effect to the image thumbnails to jazz up
>the appearance. To use it, all you do is highlight the images you want
>to include in an index, fill in the format details (it can remember them
>for next time), and it will do the work in the background (quickly!) and
>create a file and/or print your index. Here's a sample:
>
>http://users.ev1.net/~cdober/ftp_files/011215_1822_index.jpg
>
>Cliff Ober

One shop I used to have CD's made at would put thumbnails on the CD
label itself.  Will this program do that as well?  I know having them
on the jewel case card is better ( being able to see them once the CD
is in the drive) , but I like to keep my CD's in a large wallet, and
having the thumbnails visible there would be a plus.

Ken Durling

Photo.net portfolio:

http://www.photo.net/shared/community-member?user_id=402251