[filmscanners] Re: Editing application

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Zabrovsky" <alexz@zoran.co.il>
To: <rew@impulse.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2001 8:42 AM
Subject: [filmscanners] Editing application

What would you recommend as the most comprehensive image editing application
(software) considering resource/performance ?
"Comprehensive"? = Photoshop 6.0

I'm trying to evaluate what image evaluation/editing software would provide
me with best, yet simple managing taking the least amount of system
resources possible.
Photoshop is probably the most famous, however I suspect it is quite heavy
in use (considering my beginning level) and might be quite resource-hungry
by itself (memory).
"cinsidering my beginning level" still = Photoshop. None of these programs
are supported by tutorial information to the extant that Photoshop is.

What about Paint Shop Pro ? I was advised to try it out instead of
Photoshop...

"Paint Shop Pro"? Depends on your purpose, print or video? I believe Paint
Shop Pro does not support color management. You might be better off with
Corel Photo Paint or Picture Window. My comment above regarding tutorial
support still applies though.

I started with Photo Paint (version 6) and used Photoshop tutorials to
learn. I believe the added effort to convert instructions from Photoshop to
Photo Paint reinforced understanding of the process. After I took a formal
class using Photoshop, I went to Photoshop (version 4 at the time) and have
stuck with it since.

Bob Wright

Regards,
Alex Z