[filmscanners] Minolta Scan Elite II Info

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Minolta Scan Elite II Info
  • From: "" <EdHamrick@aol.com>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:24:30 EST

I've been working with someone to get VueScan working
with the Minolta Scan Elite II, and I thought people might
be interested in some technical details I've learned about
this scanner.

It's basically the same scanner as the Scan Dual II, except
it adds an infrared channel and a Firewire interface (it also
has a USB interface like the Scan Dual II).  It does a single
pass when acquiring the infrared data, unlike the Canon
FS4000 and Acer ScanWit 2740 (which both require two
passes to acquire the infrared data).

It's manufactured by Avision and uses the same command
set as the other Avision manufactured scanners (Minolta
Scan Dual II, HP 5300 and HP 7400).

Regards,
Ed Hamrick