[filmscanners] Re: Trashing Adobe Gamma

In addition to  removing  adobe gamma loader.exe from the startup
folder, there is a useful tip in
_Real_World_Photoshop_6_ by Blatner and Fraser
starting on page 143. For users of Win98, NT4 and Win2000
they describe where to go in the registry to determine what monitor
profile is loaded and how to edit the registry to assure that the
user's desired monitor profile is loaded. I use this when I want to
make dead certain what monitor profile is getting loaded.
In regedit go to the key:
HKEY:LOCAL MACHINE
         SOFTWARE
                 Adobe
                         Color
                                 Monitor
                                         Monitor()
clicking on Monitor 0 or 1 (depending on which you are using)
will bring up a few items. One of these is 'monitor profile' and
should give the path and file name to the icc profile for your
monitor that is being loaded. On my machine that is:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\COLOR\p1130_pcal827.icm
This is the name that I gave my most recent PhotoCal generated
monitor profile and is what gets loaded when booting the machine.