From: <TonySleep@halftone.co.uk>
To: <ezio.lucenti1@tin.it>
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2001 12:57 AM
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Vuescan ... red shadows

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001 02:33:26 +0100  Ezio c/o TIN (ezio.lucenti1@tin.it)
wrote:

> Dears, I am experimenting a nasty problem with a scanned film (negative)
> :
> Fuji 1600 ASA.
> The red parts of the pics are carrying a great extent of shadows ...
> these
> are more evident with RED , but are also present with black or dark
> objects.
>
> It would be nice to show you an example so if you want to evaluate with
> your
> own eyes go to :
> http://it.geocities.com/ezio_lucenti/paginafotospiral.html

There's a great deal more wrong with this than 'red shadows'! There are
huge amounts of colour smearing from the red shirt, yellow shorts and blue
shirt. It is as if the scanner has Vaseline over the lens. Fiddle with
the mid tone level slider to increase the contrast in highlight areas
if you want to see this clearly. What model is it?

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner
info & comparisons