filmscanners: VueScan dust removal artifacts

    It seems I've been having problems with sending the #1 post ... most
likely my attached JPEG was too large.  The previous included an example
which didn't show this artifact, accomplished with Nikonscan ... please take
my word ... you couldn't tell where the defect was ... I'll not include it
here.

    It is a screen capture from Photoshop.  The difference in quality is
something I notice in Vuescan 7.x (since I don't know when ... it seems to
me it used to work better, but I cannot refer to an earlier version, but I
believe we'd need go back to v.6.x).  What I am specifically referring to is
the darker pixels in the area corrected ... they seem to be always on the
one side, upper and right sides (for a frame not rotated) as if there was a
RGB/IR mis-registration.  Sometimes there exist lighter pixels opposite the
defect.

    I'll be looking into this a bit more this weekend, but would appreciate
anyone else's ability to duplicate it with their Coolscan (mine being a
LS-2000).

tia ... shAf  :o)