RE: filmscanners: Software for the colour-challenged

Mark T. writes ...

> As a person who battles with moderate red-green colour-blindness,
> I am seeking software that can help out..
>
> ..
> I have been having a quick look at a product mentioned briefly on
> the list before, namely ICorrect (www.picto.com), ...

  I've just purchased the 'pro' version ... and you might find some of its
capabilities of special interest.  As you might know ... it works with
memory colors ... e.g., skintones or a color like "coke" red.  The 'pro'
version takes it a bit further ... for example, take a Macbeth color chart,
and enter its Lab patch values.  The next part is a bit tricky ... expose
and scan a whole roll of film identically, one of the frames being the
Macbeth chart ... use iCorrect to correct the colors of the correction
chart, and save the iCorrect correction as a "ColorCircuitQ" correction file
for batch correcting all the frames you scanned.  Voila ... all frames
nailed to the color chart.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.