RE: filmscanners: OT (a bit) - Software for the colour-challenged

I have used it with good results. It is now available for discount at $29.95

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Mark T.
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 5:50 PM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: filmscanners: OT (a bit) - Software for the colour-challenged

As a person who battles with moderate red-green colour-blindness, I am
seeking software that can help out..

(Yes, I know I should have picked a more sensible hobby..)

The 2 methods I currently use - 'doing it by the numbers' or getting my
work checked by someone else! - can be quite frustrating at times.  And
before you tell me to use transparencies, I wish to continue using
negatives for low-contrast portraiture.

I have been having a quick look at a product mentioned briefly on the list
before, namely ICorrect (www.picto.com), which basically gives a 'quick and
dirty' fix by making assumptions about skin-tones, neutral areas, foliage
and sky.  At first glance, the free demo seems to give a very good starting
point - much quicker and better than I can do by
eye-dropping/curve-fiddling.  Some shots I had almost given up on
(tungsten, no filtration, underexposed - yeuch!) looked as though they
would be usable after the ICorrect treatment.

I have read positive reviews on the web (inc. from Ian Lyons & Michael
Reichmann) and I think I'm convinced anyway, but would be very interested
to hear from any others on the list who are using it, both from a normal or
colorblind perspective.  My feeling is I probably don't need the features
of the Pro version, which makes it a *very* cheap (US$40) solution to most
of my c-b problems.

Thanks, mark t

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.