Re: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: Re: Rescans and archiving

You are wrong.  I just checked my Eastman Kodak registered trademarks
list from 1991 (the last time they sent me one). They do not own the
trademark E-6, (or at least didn't in 1991) but they do own the
Ektachrome trademark.  Interesting they do own D-19, D-76, D-76R and
DK-50 and even 4-X as trademarks, but not E-6.  I did mention in my post
that the E-6 process is Kodak's own version of that particular process,
and that Fuji uses another name (CR-56, as I recall). However, Kodak
certainly owns the Ektachrome name so I'm sure even Kodak would disagree
with your usage.  Whatever...  Calling the film class "process E-6" is
correct, calling Fuji films Ektachromes clearly is not.

Since you challenged me, I'm going to be a stick in the mud on this one,
just for principle... Where did you determine Eastman Kodak owns E-6 as
a trademark?

By the way, the the Ektar spec sheet is called publication No. E-135,
think they own that trademark too? ;-)

Art

Jim Snyder wrote:

> [...]

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.