Re: filmscanners: LS-2000 & B/W Negatives

> Gaspar
>
> I have successfully scanned many B&W negatives on my LS30.  In view of the
> fact that this is a lesser spec than the LS2000, you should get
satisfactory
> results with your scanner.  What is wrong with your scans?
>
> Simon

I am trying to scan Plus-X 125 and Tri-X negs on my LS2000.  The scans come
out with the tones either completely blocked up or burned out, with no
midtones
and no gradations of tones at all.  You can't even make out the features in
the
images.  These are well-exposed negatives that I've printed in the darkroom,
with a good range of tones.  I tried scanning to both RGB and grayscale,
with
and without Nikon CMS enabled, and with the analog controls tweaked all over
the place.  Still the same result; nothing worked to produce anything usable
at
all.

I should note that I've had much better success with T400CN negs.  I can
scan
these to either RGB or grayscale with a pretty good range of tones (although
the RGB scans will come out with a slight, unpredictable color cast).

I'll probably shoot T400CN (or some other color processing compatible B/W
film) for scanning, but it seems I can't do anything with the silver B/W
emulsion
film I've already shot :-(  What B/W films have you scanned successfully on
your
LS30?

Thanks
Gaspar