Re: filmscanners: new member

Very few people have been successful with this unit.  Unfortunately, it
is a poor product, at a low price for a film scanner.  It lacks dynamic
range (ability to scan a wide contrast range) has very poor shadow
response, and the resolution is also not very good.

Most people tend to return it or upgrade it.  I don't know what it
currently sells for, but the Acer 2720 is a far superior model for
probably about the same cost.

Beyond that, look into the Polaroid 35+, or the Minolta Dimage Dual both
no longer made but often sold used for the same price range.

If you have a larger budget, consider the Minolta Dual Dimage II or the
Canon FS 2710.  The Tamarack 2400 or Jenoptik JS-21 (I believe the same
model) unfortunately reach their limitations quite quickly.

Art

Miha Valencic wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I'm new to the list. I have a Jenoptik JS-21 35mm film scanner and I have
>mixed success with it. It is a 2400 dpi scanner. The driver provided is not
>very good and I unable to scan dark slides. The quality of properly exposed
>slides is quite good, but scanning underexposed slides (1 stop) is really bad.
>
> Has anyone had success with it? Also, the Jenoptik site does not have any
>suggestions on scanning dark images.
>
> Regards,
>       Miha.
>

> .