filmscanners: Re: VueScan Improvements Was: Re: filmscanners: Polaroid Insight vs. Silverfast AI vs. Vuescan

"Preston Earle" <PEarle@triad.rr.com> wrote:
>| Perhaps it would be helpful for some of you guys who know the program
>| from a user's standpoint to write some instructions on how you scan,
>| what settings you use (and why), what works for you and what doesn't.
>| Knowing what scanner you use and your expectations (low, medium, high)
>| would be helpful. Us neophytes could study through them and pick up a
>| lot of knowledge you've dredged from the hard school of experience.

Ed asked if anyone was interested in writing documentation a while back,
and I made an offer.  I don't remember why I was turned down.  I would be
happy to write a tutorial if others want to send me their suggestions
(preferably
an outline of the workflow you use), or just an outline of the workflow
I use.

A lot depends on the software you use, what kind of film you are scanning,
what scanner you're using, etc.  Hopefully the basics would translate reasonably
well from one *film* scanner to another.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.