filmscanners: ArtixScan 4000T - buy it or not?

What are the pros and cons for buying a Microtek ArtixScan 4000T scanner?
How does it compare with Nikon 4000ED and Canon FS4000?
I almnost excluded Canon because of greatly exagerrated scratches (Yes! Not
Nikon!) but don't know much about the Microtek, apart from being to great
extent equal to Polaroid. What are the known cons for this scanner?
The Microtek would cost me $860, Canon also $860 and Nikon $1230 (all bought
in Germany; in Poland it would be $1517, $1000 and $2100 respectively (Nikon
with SilverFast))
Polaroids are not available in my area and Minolta doesn't produce a 4000dpi
scanner yet.

Your comments would be grately appreciated.

Best regards

Tomasz Zakrzewski

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.