Re: filmscanners: Nikon 8000ED nightmares!!!

Rob:
> What's the consensus amongst other Scan Multi owners as to the scanner as a
> whole.
>
> What are they reporting?

Actually, I haven't heard all that much yet.  But what I have heard has been
all very good.  (Stable, user-friendly software, good film holders, small &
quiet machine, great shadow detail, quick scan times in plugin mode)   The
only negative comment that comes to mind is the manual focus.  One person
said that it locks up the Minolta software.  He also stated that he didn't
*need* the manual focus; just playing around.  Minolta is working on that
issue now.  He also likes to keep cpu running - and to turn scanner off.
Occasionally, he'll turn scanner on and have to reboot the cpu.

Other than that, everyone seems very happy and excited with their Minolta
Scan Multi Pro units thus far.

Hopefully my unit will be arriving soon.  When it does, I'll make sure and
report all of my findings here.

Joyfully,  -david soderman- <><

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.